Why should you add those extra calories that are considered useless!
Is it for the food to taste better or for the food to look more appealing? Or for you to gain some extra kilograms?
But if you are planning to lose or to maintain your weight, remember that what you are doing is adding up extra calories, and will eventually add up some kilograms!
Some food groups are considered extremely healthy and essential for you, and when dressing up these food, you end up having fatty items and losing the health part of it.
I ‘ll give you some healthy dressings that you can use, guilt- free!
Salads are known to be healthy, light and rich in vitamins, but surely if you are using the right kind of dressing.
2 cups of shredded lettuce has only 20 calories, 0 fat and 8 mg of sodium.
When you add 2 tablespoons of creamy dressing to it for example, your salad will end up having 150 calories, 15 g of fat and more than 300 mg of sodium!
So instead of that, try to have a light dressing:
– 2 tablespoons of lemon and mustard:
2 calories and o fat
– 2 tablespoons of skim yogurt mixed with garlic:
40 calories and 3 g of fat
– 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar mixed with lemon juice:
30 calories and 3 g of fat
– 1 tablespoon of lemon juice with 1 teaspoon of olive oil with salt and pepper:
45 calories and 5 g of fat
2- Baked potato:
A baked potato is good, tasty and healthy when served with other meals, right?? But as long as you’re just eating the potato!
One big potato has 160 calories, 0 fat and 8mg of sodium.
When you add 1 tablespoon of sour cream for example to it , you end up eating 230 calories, 5 g of fat and more than 200 mg of sodium.
Why don’t you try?
– 2 slices of light cheese topped on the potato:
35 calories and 2 g of fat
– 2 teaspoons of light labneh topped on the potato:
35 calories and 2 g of fat
Air- popped popcorn is really nutritious and rich in fiber.
3 cups of air- popped popcorn have only 100 calories, 1 g of fat and 2 mg of sodium.
Usually the oil-popped or the microwavable popcorn has double the calories and fat.
Imagine, when eating microwavable popcorn( butter flavour), you will end up having 300 calories per 3 cups, 30 g of fat and more than 350 mg of sodium.
– Go for the light microwavable popcorn that says 95 % fat free! It is light, low in calories and almost fat free!
– Go for the air- pop popcorn, it is the best and the healthiest option, with no extra artificial flavors! Just add to it some salt and enjoy it!
If you are choosing whole grain pastas, then you’re trying to be smart and healthy! But if you’re using heavy sauces with it, then you ar eruining it all!
1cup of whole wheat pasta has 160 calories, 1 g of fat and 3mg of sodium
When adding 2 tablespoons of full fat creamy white sauce, you will end up having 300calories, 12 g of fat and more than 350 mg of sodium
– Add to your pasta tomato sauce, instead of white sauce
– If you are a fan of white sauces like béchamel, it is better to prepare your own at home. In that way you will know exactly what are the ingredients you are using.
Go for skim milk, light cheeses like parmesan, and low fat- cream.
It is ONLY YOU who can decide about the healthy food choices but that doesn’t mean that you cannot treat yourself once in a while, and don’t forget that all you need is moderation