Do you have trouble in remembering where you left your car keys, or even where you parked your car? Do you have problems remembering people’s names? Do you struggle remembering a conversation between you and others?
If you answered YES to the above questions, that means you have to read the following tricks because they have been posted for you!
WHAT IS MEMORY?
As simple as that. Memory is the mental activity of recalling information that you have learned or experienced. It can be stored in your brain as:
Short term memory:
It holds information for only 10 to 20 seconds in the brain then can easily be lost. This information is used immediately.
Example of that: comparing different colors at one time, or comparing different prices in the grocery shop.
Long term memory:
It involves information you make efforts to remember because they have personal impact on you.
Example of that: remembering the best places to go shopping, remembering an event or occasion that have had an emotional meaning for you.
HOW TO ENHANCE YOUR BRAIN CELLS AND IMPROVE YOUR MEMORY?
A regular exercise is very important for brain health. It increases the flow of oxygen and nutrients to the brain. Also, it decreases any kind of stress that might affect the brain negatively.
Chose any activity that is fun for you and will make you feel good, then do it regularly.
Your way of eating:
When choosing the food you eat, it is very important to know what the active ingredients are. Besides improving the immune system, they also enhance the activity of the brain and help oxygen to circulate through the whole body, thus prevent memory loss.
Active ingredients for brain powers:
Vitamin B6, Vitamin B12. Vitamin C, Calcium, Potassium, Magnesium, Omega 3 and folate.
Best source of calcium, Vitamin b6, Vitamin B12
Best source of folate
Nuts and chocolate:
Best sources of magnesium
Best sources of Potassium
Carrots, Broccoli, oranges:
Best sources of Vitamin C
Red foods: Watermelon, tomatoes, red cabbage, red peppers, cherries, cranberry juice, strawberries:
All these red food decrease depression and help in developing your brain cells.
Sardines and other varieties of fish and polyunsaturated fats like olive oil, canola oil, walnuts:
Best source of Omega 3: This oil is very important in boosting your memory and is giving for old people to fight against aging problems and Alzheimer disease.
– Decrease your caffeine intake. It increases your blood pressure and heart rate. These factors are undesirable, and remember you need to stay away from stress.
– Natural medicinal herbs like Ginseng or chamomile might help you to relax if you are stressed out, and will help oxygen to easy pass throughout the brain cells.
– Drink water a lot (8 to 9 glasses daily). Dehydration decreases energy generation to the brain.
Consuming foods that improve memory is preferable, because these foods don’t have any side effects unlike supplements.
But, when for any reason, your diet lacks the required active nutrient or vitamin, you can use supplement.
C– Memory supplements:
Memory supplements that are based on Ginkgo Bilosa appear to give the best results because this herb improves the blood flow to the brain and is one of the best memory boosters.
ONE DAY DIET EXAMPLE:
-1 cup of low- fat milk + 1 teaspoon of honey
– 2 toasts with 4 slices of white cheese
– 5 olives
– 1 tomato
– 1 banana.
– 1 whole fish fillet with sautés broccolis, potatoes and carrots on the side
– 1 plate of salad (cabbage, tomato, red pepper, avocados, potato) with 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar dressing
– 1 cup of cranberry juice.
-1 handful of walnuts
– 2 toasts with 2 slices of turkey and 2 slices of yellow cheese
– Tuna pasta salad (1 whole can of tuna, 2 cups of boiled pasta, cucumber, raw spinach, potato) with 1 tablespoon of lemon olive oil dressing.
– 1 cup of lemon and Ginger drink ( without ice)
It relaxes a lot and helps you in sleeping better.
Recipe for lemon and Ginger drink:
2 whole lemons
1 handful Ginger, peeled and sliced
3 tablespoons of brown sugar
2 liters of boiled water
Place lemons, Ginger and sugar in a heatproof jug
Pour over the boiled water and wait until it cools to room temperature
Refrigerate until cold
Put plenty of ice and few mint leaves in each glass then serve
Below is a webside that tests your brain age.
What is your score? Play and ENJOY!